Finally got around to checking the gas gauge issue yesterday. Pulled the sending unit out of the tank and found that it is marked 30 ohm. Put it on the bench and checked it with a VOM. At empty position (float all the way to the bottom) it checked 0 ohms. At the very top, it would give anywhere from 30 to 60 before settling down ~30 ohms. When moving from empty to full, it would go absolutely ape--all over the scale! So, I hooked it up to the wiring harness in the truck and got the same results. Move the float to the very bottom, needle shows E. Start moving the float up the scale, and the needle goes absolutely nuts from about 1/4 up to full. Having said all that, I am just going to live with the issue. That is better than spending north of $40.00 plus shipping.
I'll just make sure every time I drive the truck, I go by and fill it back up

Last edited by Rusty Rod; 06/29/2023 7:18 PM.