Been looking for a couple of years for a tandem axle air brakes tractor unit up to the late 50's and haven't found a single thing apart from the odd truck at a show. Are these really that rare in comparison their GMC brothers. I have a spare cab for panel work required for a conversion but they just don't seem to be turning up at farm auctions or local sales anywhere. Fallback is a 358 or 359 pete if I need to but a big bolt and drop deck transporter would look mighty nice. Were they making a lot more big GMC's during the period? Did short wheelbase tandems not end up as grain trucks so not so many survived? I am a bit confused as there are more D*dge and F*rd tandem tractor units turning up, last Chevy was at an auction in 2002.


David
'56 3100 Pickup,Blown BBC,5 Speed,IFS,4 link,
'07 Maloo