Just got home from the reception at the funeral home. Gary's casket was closed so I guess we can't call it a "viewing." But I was proud to see his casket properly covered with a casket flag as befitting his status as a U.S. Military veteran (Air Force).

My friend and coworker, Dale (whom many ODSS members know) had brought the Hollywood VFD parade truck (HVFD's 1st piece of equipment). Gary had been chief engineer of HVFD. Dale needed to take the truck back to the firehouse for the night and needed a ride back to the funeral home to get his POV. So I escorted him back to Hollywood.

As with a lot of antique truck adventures, this one also had its obstacles to overcome. We had a fuel issue with the truck ('47 IH). But with the assistance of our local DOT enforcement officer, we were back on the road and the truck was back in quarters in no time.

Gary is probably smiling at Dale's and my mini adventure! But not about a cop having to rescue a fireman ... wink

I can hear Gary now .... "Hmmmmph!"

We'll bury him tomorrow.
Attachments
20230608_190436[1].jpg (610.36 KB, 67 downloads)
The Hollywood (MD) VFD Parade truck.
20230608_190650[1].jpg (239.61 KB, 67 downloads)
Escorting Dale. We didn't quite make it without an issue ...