I want to thank you all for your replies and suggestions. I RRREEEEAAAAALLLYYY screwed up on my original post. I broke the steering wheel while using my MAC puller (a two claw type that goes under the steering wheel to pry it up). I wanted to fashion a puller that I could use the two 7/16x 18 bolts w/o having to buy one. And if I had to buy one (I'm a cheapskate), didn't want to pay $35-40 for it. BTW, borrowed a puller from a friend and got the wheel off yesterday. Also anybody want to try their hand at refurbishing a '54-'55.1 steering wheel (yes I know, this should be in the "FREEBIES")? Have a new steering wheel on it's way. So again, THANK YOU ALL for your suggestions and offers and I'm sorry for wasting your time. A HUUUUGGGGEEEE misunderstanding on my part.

S2


Stewart2
1955.1 3100
Both Owner and P/U have lots of miles, lots of history and need LOTS of TLC
Jack of several trades and experiences; Master of none