Stewart.

Sorry I misunderstood your original post and moved it here. frown

I've used a small steel plate drilled to match the tapped holes in the steering wheel. Use some bolts tightened snugly (don't' overtighten and strip them,) then tap on the plate that's pressing against the end of the steering shaft. I leave the nut on, but backed out flush with the end of the shaft. Retighten the bolts and tap again. Keep repeating till the wheel comes off. If yours was tight enough that you broke a puller, use bolts that are long enough to got thru the plate and use nuts on top of the plate instead of turning the bolt in the steering wheel.

I have moved your thread back to Interiors.

Last edited by Gdads51; 06/06/2023 11:11 AM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.