| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, Phak1, Oswald, Otto Skorzeny, msmall, RdsLessTaken, 1 invisible),
137
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,471 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2023 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2023 Posts: 102 | Hey everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I inherited my grandfather's 1952 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup! I've been driving it around for the last two years and trying to figure out how to work on it myself. All of this is new to me but it is A LOT of fun! I have a question about the transmission oil. The manual calls for 1 1/2 pints of 90 weight gear oil to be put in the transmission fill hole. I have seen some who also put oil into the ball housing/universal joint filler plug hole. Manual says this isn't necessary because that joint gets its lubrication from the transmission. Does it help to put a few ounces in the universal joint filler hole? Will this overfill the transmission? If so, is there any harm in having a little more in there?
Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Pastor Matt
52 Chevy 3100
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." -John 14:6
| | |
| |
| |