Originally Posted by EdPruss
Be careful with stainless hardware, SS tends to gall.

Ed
It boggles the mind how fast that can happen. The first time it happened to me I was replacing the toilet in my sailboat and one of the 3/8" hold down bolt and nut seized and it was only 2/3rds of the way tight. It was a nightmare to cut out down in that little space. Now I put some coating on all my bolts. I really like the stick form of anti seize, blue and red that Loctite has. I asked a rep. at the Loctite booth at PRI what to do if I wanted to blue or red Loctite a SS bolt because it needed anti-seize? He told me blue and red Loctite also works as an anti-seize.

Last edited by mick53; 06/05/2023 2:03 PM.

Old enough to know better, too young to resist.