| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,188 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,494 Moderator, Electrical Bay | | Moderator, Electrical Bay Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 4,494 | If it is the stuff made by 3M or Cal-Stripe, it will be ok. I used some on my truck and between 1977 and 2020 it never looked any different than it did when new. I think I still have some of the roll I bought back then. Silver and maybe 2.5mm wide. A friend used some generic stuff and it was horrible. Back in the 70s (and maybe it is still offered) there was a masking tape product you applied and then removed the top layer. It left two pieces of masking tape spaced evenly apart and you could take pinstriping paint and a small brush, paint the exposed part and have a genuine painted pinstripe. You could also get that in dual line (one thicker one thinner) that some guys used on wheels, but I watched a pinstripe specialist do twin stripes on 4 wheels in no time at all. I doubt I could ever do this, but he had a helper jack one wheel up at a time while he rotated them and carefully painted both the stripes at once with his other hand. His brush had two long thin sets of brush hairs...one made a thin and one was wider, set about 3/8 inch apart. No tape and he didn't make a single mistake. It was amazing to watch.
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end
| | |
| |
| |