| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (TUTS 59, MaxStewart, KEVINSKI, HandyAndy, Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Steelonsteel, 1 invisible),
129
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,584 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,888 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2021 Posts: 6,888 | I'm not qualified to tell you whether your engine needs rebuilding but I can give you personal experience with my engine.
I have a 216 with a 3 speed trans. Both are unrestored.
The truck will easily reach 65mph. A new clutch solved the 45 mph top speed issue and 30mph creep up hills.
Each cylinder holds 110 to 120 psi.
When you say plug number 3 is "wet", I assume you are talking about oil. I don't see where you identified the spinning pushrod as intake or exhaust. Oil is probably entering through worn valve guides. I suspect the valve with the wonky pushrod is not seating properly.
My opinion is you need a valve job at the very least.
1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)
1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)
| | |
| |
| |