Here are some pics that might help.

The original style clips for the large pins are 5/8" according to Jim Carter. I reasoned that 5/8" E clips would be the correct size and they were. (a Hagerty video says15mmm) I purchased them at ACE Hardware.

I ordered the horseshoe clips from Advance Auto. They're listed under a myriad makes and models. These were from a late 70s Chevrolet truck.

I did not remove the center pin at the bottom of the brakes but instead let the pivot arms hang free.

Another thing I discovered is that it doesn't matter which side of the brake shoe pivot arms the spring goes on. The FSM shows the pins and springs on the outside with the clip on the inside of the pivot arms.

Various videos on the internet show them installed from the backside. There is no clearance issue in either case so I installed mine in the way that was most convenient and easy to do. I you remove the center link then this is a moot point but unless you're painting the parts or something, there's no real need to remove the center pin.

The guy in the Hagerty Youtube video is shown using the clip to secure the spring and using the head of the pin flat against the pivot arm. Not only did that seem to be a really stupid way to do it, it is also extremely difficult. He had to make some ridiculous tool to do it. Also, it's completely contrary to the images pictured in the FSM.

I let the pin head secure the spring (as in the FSM) and pushed it through the pivot arm assembly and secured it on the other side with the horseshoe clip.
Attachments
IMG_20230504_152247.jpg (86 KB, 145 downloads)
Huck Brake Assembled with Wire
IMG_20230504_134143.jpg (31.98 KB, 144 downloads)
Huck Brake Spring Clips
IMG_20230504_142926.jpg (58.43 KB, 144 downloads)
IMG_20230504_150123.jpg (52.44 KB, 143 downloads)
IMG_20230504_122421.jpg (33.67 KB, 141 downloads)
E Clips and Horseshoe Clips
IMG_20230506_172052.jpg (67.58 KB, 136 downloads)
IMG_20230504_145810.jpg (55.23 KB, 135 downloads)
IMG_20230506_175152.jpg (68.09 KB, 137 downloads)


1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)