I used 7/16 bolts locked down with 2 nuts jammed.
There is a rubber-type spacer between the radiator support and the crossmember... that dictates the height of the hood latch... too thick and there will be too much gap when the hood is closed. Too little thickness and the hood closes too tight to reopen (don't ask me how I know.) Ease the hood down until it compresses the spring and you feel the latches touch. Mine has about 5/8" gap between the hood and the grill.. When I close the hood the gap is just fine all around at the fenders and the grill frame.


~~ Jethro
1954 3100
Back to Life
In the Dity Gallery
1951 3100 (gone) / 1956 4400 (still in the neighborhood) / 1957 6400 with dump body (retired) / 1959 3100 panel (in the woods junked) / 1978 Custom Deluxe K10 / 1993 S-10 4.3 / 2004 Chevy Crew Cab / 1945 John Deere H / 1952 John Deere B / 1966 John Deere 2510 / 1967 John Deere 1020