Jerry ....

CBall -- I use my 3804 about like everyone else uses their 3100's...

But ..

I run a 261, 17-inch wheels and I did the 4.11 conversion on the rear axle center section. I'm still running Huck brakes, 17-inch bias ply tubed tires. I can run 65 MPH all day long. If you want to go to the trouble of converting to a 14-bolt, then fine -- that's great! Have at it and we'll support you all the way. I'm just backing up what Jerry is trying to tell you that the 1-ton AD set up is far more amenable to modern roads than the the 3100 AD trucks ... Easier to convert.

Bottom line -- you are in luck that you have a 1-ton (I assume ...) The factory set up is darn good and simple to tweak.

Thanks!
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)