What thermostat ? 180 is what it should have.
What oil weight? 10w30 or 10w40 is what it should have. If it has lots of miles, run 10w40.
When hot, mile idles at 15 psi with a 5w20 full synthetic oil. While driving it's more then 30 psi, my gauge reads 0-30, I don't know how much over 30 it has.
When hot in traffic, mine runs 195-200 with a 180 T-stat, at idle or on cooler days it runs right at 180. I have mechanical fan, aluminum radiator, pretty much stock 1970 250 engine. Automatic transmission has its own cooler, and A/C does't add much heat to the engine unless it's really hot out and I'am not moving much.
I am guessing you have electronic gauges, have you checked the oil pressure with a good known mechanical gauge? You should hear the lifters and rocker arms rattle with that little of oil pressure when hot at idle.