I use a piece of flat plate welded to a pipe to hold the cylinder, and offset the jaws of a 4 jaw chuck to center it. A #2 Morse taper in the tailstock with a piece of round stock the inside diameter of the wheel cylinder or the MC threaded onto it holds it centered and straight while I adjust the chuck. Once the fixture is on center, multiple cylinders can be machined off the same fixture. A tool post grinder on the compound rest does the finish diameter and polishing, or I can rough out the sleeve ID and use my Sunnen hone for that operation.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!