Vendors sell instrument cluster inserts and new gauges. They can be quite costly. I decided to try something new. I like to be creative. I wanted to keep an old-school look to my 1963 instrument cluster without breaking the bank. I purchased a GPS speedometer/tachometer on eBay for under $70 delivered. I spent another $30 on a triple gauge set. The original instrument cluster plexiglass has an old-school design with embossed areas on the backside of the plexiglass. I decided I wanted to keep that look so I cut a hole in the center of the plexiglass for the new speedo/tach. I removed the bezels and glass from the front of the triple gauge set. The triple gauges fit perfectly behind the embossed areas in the plexiglass. The pictures tell the rest of the story. I am happy with the results. It took some time and creativity.
The pictures don’t show one of the steps I did. I bought a very thin piece of plexiglass and used it to cover the area with the black vinyl so that everything except the center soeedo/tach would be under plexiglass.
I thought I would share because you never know what you might come up with if you put your mind to it. My truck instrument cluster will not look like any other at the cruise in.