Hi bolters,

Looking for someone with a Lempco Gear catalog from the 1940's tha could look up a part number for me. Ive searched the interwebs for an online version and have completely struck out. The Lempco company grew in the 20s, 30, and 40s by buying up other manufacturers. I think that is the case case with their gear division. I have a NOS ring and pinion, still in the Lempco box. The gear has no mfg. name, and where I would normally expect a stamped partnumber, it has been ground smooth. and the Lempco number electric penciled by hand in its place. I even wonder if they were buying surplus NOS bearings from the government post war and marketing them as their own?? The numbers are 5372, and 5373. There is a hand writtin tape note on the box indicating 1940-46 GMC & Studebaker (Army). I am just trying to find something a little more authoritative then a hand written note on a piece of tape...
Attachments
s-l1600 (1).jpg (113.81 KB, 169 downloads)
20230223_130522.jpg (205.17 KB, 170 downloads)


WW2Chevy
1942 Chevrolet G506 1-1/2 ton 4x4 Army Cargo w/ winch

(Retro-roco)