I’ve used a large copper soldering iron as Kevin has suggested that you heat with a torch away from the tank, to solder pinholes in a tank with successful results. Your going to have to remove the flange, clean both surfaces to get a successful bond, then re-solder into place which is going to take allot of heat to get a good bond, so can’t say that iron will produce be enough heat to be successful.

If it was me, I would bring it to a radiator shop and see if they would be able do it. If not, I would buy a new tank. Theys are not that expensive.

Last edited by Phak1; 03/04/2023 12:47 PM.

Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum