Man, I wish I lived closer to you. You have some cool project ideas. I lost my Dad when he was 61, I don't imagine its any easier at 90. My Dad wasn't into cars at all but he was an electrical engineer and he was always willing to help me solve problems. The second he had enough money to afford a car he didn't have to work on he was happy as could be and he hated grease on his tools.

I remember arguing with him as a teenager when he told me to take all of the tools back out and wipe them down. Now I chuckle when I wipe down my tools. Speedgems makes a Caddy to Chevy trans adapter. It was pricey but came with all necessary components (flywheel, nice chrome starter and all the bolts). I have and extra 390 now as well, though the deck obviously needs some love.... I was thinking of a 64 Lemans GTO clone with a Cadillac 390...