Update: Just to bring some closing to the issue, the truck runs. New coil was dead right out of the box. Put a used one on that the owner had in his shop. New (used) condenser and a new coil wire. Repaired a couple of mouse chewed wires under the dash. Poured a dribble of real gas down the carburetor and hit the button. Fired right up, tuned the carburetor a bit to get a good idle and checked the timing. Turned it off and handed the key to the owner. He’s happy and I’m happy.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)