I am currently re-assembling the front end of my '57 2 ton. I also wanted to use a modern wheel bearing seal, with dimensions in hand I researched the various bearing and seal sites, I also used the original factory part number to cross reference. I came up with several cross-reference P/N's and I also was able to find seals by dimension. I ordered 2 from my local independent parts store, they showed only one available, so I tried it. The rubber lip is way too tight on the "shaft", the outer steel dimensions are close but I didn't try to install it 'cuz it seems too big. I ended up ordering 2 original P/N felt style seals from Old Car Parts North West, waiting for them to arrive.


1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy