| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,080 Posts1,056,295 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 | I am in the process of prepping my cab for paint after I get rid of all the dings and put in a new rear lower panel on my 1948. I was wondering if there is clever system to roll the cab on it's back so I can clean up the bottom. I used my engine hoist to lift the cab off of the frame and it's sitting on a rolling cart that I made up so I could move it around the shop. I was thinking of just building up some lumber on the shop floor to the height of the cart and just rolling it back onto the lumber. NOt sure how much it weights. Since the rear lower panel will be replaced anyway, I won't mind if it gets scratched up. There are no rust holes in the floor, so it's solid. Just want to prime and paint it. Also any thoughts on putting on a protective coating on the bottom, like a bed liner or is that overkill? A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | |
| |
| |