| Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,838 | Welllll- - - - -I made up a checking jig that centers in the valve guide so I can evaluate the tilt of the intake valves. Yes, it will be necessary to do some milling to assure the rocker arm stud is parallel to the valve stem. No biggy- - - -that's why I'm taking my time and trying to do it right the first time! Once I get all the preliminary work done, it won't be much of a challenge to turn out some exact copies of the stud rail on a CNC mill. The intake studs will need to tilt a little bit in the opposite direction of the ones for the exhaust rockers- - - -sort of a "porcupine head" stovebolt! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
|