| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
151
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | I have: 295/75r22.5-fronts (brand new) f055 axle. I'm not familiar with that axle code...what did it come off of and what's it's rating?
9.00-20-rears (good tread old tires came on axle) t-170 axle. I'm not familiar with that axle code...what did it come off of and what's it's rating?
I'd have to check the leaves to see how many I have.
I have the 3-leaf auxiliary leaf pack 3inch wide, what is the rating on that? There aren't any 3-leaf, 3" Aux springs listed for 1972...what did they come on?
As to the dump body mount, I don't believe it was mounted for full spring travel. I was thinking about getting lift blocks but that would raise my top heavy weight. But I don't take corners fast when I'm hauling... I try to avoid looking in the mirror at ppl riding my @$&.... but that's the only simple fix I can come up with besides removing the whole bed and adding 2 10-12ft pieces of steel channel/rectangle tube for a new "dump body frame/riser frame" or I could just torch off more of the bed side rails/edges for a deeper "fender flair" for clearance. But I'd rather avoid more torching to the truck. Sounds like your body mounting height will be the limiting factor for max GVW without custom spring work.
Now to the quarry loading me up, I did one time get overloaded to 7.25 tons and I was leaning pretty hard cuz it wasnt centered perfectly. And it was really squatted. Dont remember if that was before the axle swap or not... I actually bottomed out a couple times and ripped off like 2 knobs of my tires grips on the side it was leaning to. And yes i was babying it the whole way home and it still was happening. But all in all the truck hauled it and dumped it fine. But I could hear my truck whispering to me not to do that again until I figure some things out!!! Lol. Next time they load you uneven, dump the load right there and have them reload. | | |
| |
| |