Originally Posted by Peggy M
Cool Mark. What's the story with the photo?

One of the last shows we did with the dragster I restored. This was at the NHRA Finals at Pomona one year, I believe. If not, it was the NHRA Winternationals at Pomona. We spent a lot of time going to shows and using my Burb to push start the dragster. That's how they started them back then.

We used it to tow out next to the track, where we were going to cackle the dragster between or after fuel car rounds. Try to keep the fans in the stands. I asked if I could leave it there as they wanted all non race car stuff out of there. They let me. It sat there for a round of funny car and a round of top fuel. Then we cackled and towed out of the area and went back to the car show area. Funny thing was, we did this stuff from 2012 to 2019. Anyway, the funny thing was, I had been working on the Burb since 2006. You'd think I'd have cleaned all the nooks and crannies by now. When we went out to cackle, there was a huge pile of Arizona dirt that those noisy dragsters had shook out of that thing when they went by. At least 6" tall. I giggled about the whole thing.