I took my last run of the season in my ‘52 3100 with a ‘59 235, and have had an annoying vibration since I first installed this engine in December 2019. This vibration is similar to the vibration felt on a vibrating sander. Felt mostly in the steering wheel, but throughout the truck at speeds above 40 MPH. If I push the clutch in, it disappears. If it put it in neutral with the clutch in or out, it also disappears. While maintaining 40 plus MPH , in neutral, revving the engine duplicates this vibration and disappears as the RPM’S come down.

So it’s definitely the engine up to the clutch that’s producing this vibration. Any thoughts on what the cause may be?


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum