Hi Don, welcome to the club. (the victims of Chinesium club, that is)

I started a similar thread a month or so ago call Fuel Pumps and Other Nonsense. I too had a major problem with two new Advance Auto Carquest pumps. One failed in 300 miles and the other wouldn't pump a drop straight out of the box.

It's all Chinese Garbage made by slave laborers.

I had the original glass bowl fuel pump rebuilt and its working perfectly now. If you happen to have the original old grungy pump laying around, send it off to be rebuilt.

Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 11/13/2022 7:46 PM.

1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)