| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 892 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 892 | I bought the drag link repair kit from Jim Carter some years ago. The listing was for 3100 through 3800. What I got was cups too small for the 3800 and springs much softer than the original. I needed to replace a broken spring so I had to use the supplied one. Now the steering wheel is no longer centered and it makes the steering box sloppy. I can't take up the slack when it's off center or it'll bind when it goes over center. I looked at Rare Parts listing for that same kit and it supposedly covers 3100 through 3800. It does not. Buyer beware. 1951 3800 1-ton"Earning its keep from the get-go"In the DITY Gallery1962 261 (w/cam, Fenton headers, 2 carbs, MSD ign.), SM420 & Brown-Lipe 6231A 3spd aux. trans, stock axles & brakes. Owned since 1971. | | |
| |
| |