The issue may be what the axle bearing surfaces look like if salt was present. Mine were spalled and unsuitable for reuse but I was able to obtain sleeves from a late thirties Buick which matched the OD of our axles perfectly. I turned down my axles on my lathe and installed the sleeves. If that is the case, PM Me and I can send you a procedure for cutting and replacing the bearing surface on the axle that any decent machinist/machine shop could follow. Another ‘bolter ran into the same issue and was able to sucessfully repair his axles using my procedure.
Attachments
IMG_4209.jpeg (207.61 KB, 76 downloads)
IMG_0119.jpeg (255.15 KB, 76 downloads)


Phil
Moderator, The Engine Shop, Interiors and Project Journals

1952 Chevrolet 3100, Three on the Tree, 4:11 torque tube
Updated to: ‘59 235 w/hydraulic lifters, 12v w/alternator, HEI, PCV and Power front Disc Brakes
Project Journals
Stovebolt Gallery Forum