Pat, FAM Section 1, Sht 1.07 has the cab checking dimensions. The centerline of the bottom hinge bolts on the A pillar should be 29.45 inches from the cab centerline (or 58.9 inches between the two bolt holes). The bubbled items 14-32 reference the door opening dimensions given on Section 1, Sheet 63.02. I thought there were also dimensions from the cab center for the latch pillar also, but I'm not finding them right now. If your dimensions check out OK, I would be more inclined to put a sheet metal shim between the rocker and pillar and spot weld thru all three thicknesses, then run the weld bead along the interior edge at the rocker/pillar interface.
Hope that helps.


Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.