Kevin; Please help me understand a little better what your advice implies... this is what I have done and observed since your last post. I "uncleeco'd" the back of the floor from the cab, and repositioned the back of the floor so that I have equal spaces on both sides, between the bottom of the hinge pillars and the sides of the rocker panels. The space between bottom of hinge pillar and sides of rocker panel still seem too large for a simple seam weld. That makes me think that perhaps the pair of hinge pillars might have spread apart a little over the last 70 years. You assert that there are FAM specs that could enable me to validate that such a spread might be the case. Could you help this FAM-challenged soul by being more specific about where in the FAM I might find such specs? Now I still have the cab on the rotisserie with the original cab door spaces firmly preserved with appropriate bracing, so there is no way to try fitting the doors at this time. That makes me NOT want to "pull together" the two hinge pillars so that the gap between bottom of hinge pillars and sides of rocker panels are easy to seam weld. I tend to want to preserve the original cab door openings even though I cannot attest to perfect fit of doors to cab door spaces when I disassembled the doors from the cab. I realize that I can weld more metal to the inside edge of the bottoms of the hinge pillars so that they do, in fact, come close enough to the sides of the rocker panels to enable a solid seam weld. The point is, there are many ways to "fix the gaps". As always, thank you for your considered advice.


1952 Chevy 3100