Hello,

Started on working loose the heat riser rod, I went to work on the counterweight side and there is none!!! I am not sure if the previous owner (who loaned this truck to a high school class to rebuild) just cut the rod or what since the end of the rod and spring is still there. I put a screwdriver in the hole where the counterweight should be, and it goes all the way to the other wall. So, there is no valve in there. This must mean that exhaust heat is going both to the intake and exhaust manifolds.

I replaced the radiator cap (4 PSI) and ran it again at idle. I let it run for about 20 minutes. At about 10 minutes the temp needle was at H. At about 13 minutes radiator warmed up. I let it run another 5 minutes and it idled just fine. So, it does not appear to be overheating.

Given my current status, I think the next step is to test the sensor and gauge to see if they have any issues. Thoughts? Thanks again for all of your help.