New battery? New cables? Should do more than "won't turn over" at all. Hot cable is cause by resistance. I go with carl "you may have a bad starter, regardless of how long ago it was rebuilt. Stuff happens." ...and I will add this: many times starters don't get rebuilt by people that know what they are doing anymore. Sad. Labor issues, they can only get Chinese parts....and.....dedication/work ethic is long gone.

If you live near the ocean, that will cause all matter of corrosion as Carl John Tc are saying, at
connections all over the place, cables, battery terminals, starter terminals, all grounds, starter switch.

Here is a scenario I've seen since you mention new water pump. If water pump is somehow frozen/belt too tight.....you may be able to push truck in gear and seems OK because belt slips, but starter can't over come the fiction. This is just something I had to say. Not my no.1 guess.

Check your oil for milky before continuing.

Check voltage at battery posts.

You can remove the belts if you suspect anything and push again or try to start motor.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn