I don't think the blue was a standard color. Most I have seen are a grey. I used Rustoleum Hammered grey. In regards to wiring it is fairly simple. It does not route through the ignition switch. It goes from a direct power source to the switch to the hot side of the heater motor. The original switches are almost impossible to find but after market ones that clamp to the under side of the dash are readily available. If you need to convert to 12v here is a replacement 12v motor that fits the existing housing. I think I reused the existing fan and maybe had to cut the length of the shaft. The motor is reversible. AutoZone. Part #35512. Everco. Heater blower motor

Original switch on eBay but expensiveOriginal switch for reference


ClassicParts
Attachments
HeaterSwitch.jpg (20.6 KB, 165 downloads)
HeaterSwitchOriginal.jpg (10.39 KB, 151 downloads)

Last edited by dgrinnan; 08/30/2022 5:46 PM.

Dave from Northern Kentucky
My 54 3100