Originally Posted by TexasJim50
This may have already been beaten to death, but I would like to try to find some information regarding the under-bed spare tire carrier for the AD series half-tons. I realize that they are as rare as chicken lips, but I was wondering if anyone might have one that a person could get the dimensions off of. There is a line drawing of the carrier in the Jim Carter catalog (it appears to come from a truck assembly manual). Not bragging, but I think with some dimensions to work with, I believe I could simulate the build with some sturdy flat bar and rod. Never under-estimate what you can get when you turn a redneck loose with a welding machine, cutting torch and a stack of metal. Any help is appreciated.

Jim, Is this what you are looking for? I am in the process of removing the bed slats to refinish and saw your thread.
Attachments
20220811_123704.jpg (210.94 KB, 347 downloads)


1953 Chevy 3100
I have recreated my Dad's old work truck with a 5 window.
Photos