| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,372 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,386 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2021 Posts: 1,386 | I am in process of a 1950 3600 build with a 383 SBC that originally was a 350 in a 1991 Chevy 2500 truck.
I am aware of the driver's side exhaust manifold to steering interference issues but have not decided which route I plan to take with the steering: original relocated outboard, 67-87 Checy truck steering mounted outside the frame but further forward, or ??
I was previously advised that a 55-57 265 exhaust manifold could be used with the original steering gear as it locates the discharge forward.
However, I have determined that the passenger side 1991 exhaut manifold will not clear the frame. The discharge flange are is interferring.
To resolve the passenger side and possibly give some direction to the driver's side I am considering going with rams horn center dump 2 1/2" manifolds that I have used on a previous SBC transplant in a Jeep Wrangler. I am not planning to use headers for a variety of reasons.
Any insight regarding Gen 1 SBC exhaust manifolds that will clear the frame would be greatly appreciated. | | |
| |
| |