Bartamos is correct. Most of us that weld now didn't before starting these projects. Practice, practice.
Getting into the game is not cheap, but if you are willing to work at it a few years, ( I'm personally working on year three, but mainly needing spare time) you can come away with something YOU want. A little here and a little there. It also eases the wallet a bit that way. I have an end goal I want, and I am doing it myself....and learning alot about AD trucks along the way.
I picked up my cab from a ranch in Montana so minimal rust being not on the chemical/salty roads as much on a 6400 flat bed truck.
Converting to a 3600.

Last edited by Chip O; 07/26/2022 12:04 AM.

Chip

'Rusto-Mod'
'51 Chevy 3600 5 window | C4 Corvette front/rear suspension & drivetrain | everything else looks old and stock
'92 GMC Sonoma GT #15 of 806
'91 GMC Sonoma GT Extended cab 1 of 1
Trucks, Trucks.....and more Trucks