I see you are in Alaska. So you know about isolation. I'm out here in rural Montana. Literally a hundred miles from nowhere. Apologies to Sandpoint ID and Missoula MT, but it is a long way to anywhere. Shipping a frame or driving a truck to pick up a frame will be pricey. Thanks for the helpful input. I do have a Camaro subframe my brother planned to install. He never did it for a number of reasons. Not having a shop with anything more than a gravel base and not taking on that kind of job made him put it off. I have a garage with a 2 post lift and nice level floor. If I'm giving up on this frame, maybe I should study up on the Camaro transplant. Whether to do the No Limit style insert or the under the frame style is a question. I have been debating this for a year now and just need to know if I should commit to actually cutting the frame. I can see advantages to both methods. Also, I can likely find a mobile welder to finish the job. It's just that that first step is a long one. Cutting off the frame. If nobody thinks the frame can be safely patched, that might be the next thing I need to seriously consider. I guess I should buy the No Limit DVD on installing a Camaro subframe. I also need to pull that subframe out and take a real sceptical look at it since my brother picked up a lot of parts for free where he could. Not criticizing him, he was my brother. But darn, he hauled up some real junk some times! Please keep the comments coming. This has been a real help!


Tom
1959 Chevy 31 Apache Short Stepside