Jolly, My '65 LCF in the swap meet is listed as a C60 even though I know better. Likely one on my many typing mistakes. I use the truck each spring and fall to haul fertilizer on my farm.
His the story I got with the truck:
I bought it at a local salvage yard as a cab and chassis. I was told it was sold to the salvage yard from an estate clean up. apparentley a local farmer died and his son cleaned out the yard. The old farmer had cut the single axel rear off and replaced it with a heavey but well worn twin screw. He put a new steel grain box on it and a fresh rebuilt 327 truck motor. The son moved the new box to a newer chassis. I drove the truck home the 50 miles and went 70 MPH with my Dad trying to keep up in my 66 GMC. Anyway it runs like a top, has a SM420 and an over/under/direct 3 speed auxillary. Bakes work but have a tendancy to stick and drag. I only use it to tend my fertilizer equip in the field. Probably gets driven 5 miles a year now. I have a spare cab and front clip if I ever need them. Good luck to all the bolters out there. Todd