Jed,
The 5 speed transmissions are very hard to find. I am not sure about value but I would think that an extra speed would help with value and certainly make the truck more driveable, especially with a load. Most big bolt guys like to drive em. Most of the 5spds were direct 1:1 in 5th gear but there were some that had 5th over. It could be a spicer, clark or new process check out this web page Transmission Specs . I just bought a new process 5 speed out of a 58 chevy 2 ton and plan to install it in my 54 1.5 ton that has a SM420. All the stock mounts line up and the new process is about 1.5" longer. It is a bolt-in except for a trip to the drive shaft shop. It will look completely stock when I am done. Aren't these these trucks great!!!