Hey guys, looking for some info from your experience, & some advice.

I've had 2 trucks (a '49 4400 & a 53 6400) both vin tags were attached to the door jamb with clutch head screws.
Has anyone seen them attached with rivets ?

I'm trying to title the '49, and when I tried to have the vin tag verified by LEO, the big issue was the screws.
The guy said he came from Indiana (title origin), & that even older vehicles all had the tags riveted.
I didn't argue, but I think he's wrong.

End result is I have to take the cab to the DMV to have them look at it, Should I rivet the tag in place before I go?

This is a project I've been working on for over 10 years, & it's currently apart, but close.
There's a longer back story if anyone's interested, but that's the main

Thanks .
Attachments
paint done-kirker Hot Rod Black.jpg (269.36 KB, 226 downloads)
IMG_1950 (2).jpg (280.3 KB, 232 downloads)
IMG_1949 (2).jpg (249.58 KB, 227 downloads)