GL,
I'll have to take a look at the tires and see how much life are left. My thinking was to get new updated rims and put the old tires back on them, or get new updated rims and new larger tires. That should take care of the small wheels in large wheel well problem. As far as the tires sticking out, I got lucky as the measurements are pretty close from the outside wheels for both frames. I think the new track width is actually a bit narrower so that gives me room to play as far as rim offset and such.

I've been looking for sleepers for about a month now but haven't seen anything in my price range (I've seen 2-3 that aren't too far off). I'm an "economical" shopper and don't like to buy something that I can build for less so I'm in the 0-300 dollar range...more than 300 and I feel like I could shop around for materials and build it exactly like I want it to be rather than buy pre-built and modify it. I think I might have a line on one right now..just waiting to hear back from the gal.

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to google some of the S Mi. truck suppliers and see if they'll send me some plans and brochures.


Keep on Trucking