Thanks for the many comments. Rich, you must be on Hemming's good side. I saw your comment in the Gallery regarding the article and it took almost a month before I got my copy. I guess the Pony Express horses got tired before they made it to Arizona.

None of this would have happened without this community we call Stovebolt. It started with an advertisement with a fellow Stovebolter who had owned this truck for awhile and then decided to begin a restoration only to have the project stall. I relieved him of it with the promise to keep it as stock as possible. During the restoration other Stovebolters helped out with hard to find parts including gas tank, seat back, front bumper, drive shaft and differential carrier, to name a few. All of these parts, as well as the truck itself were priced extremely reasonable.

I belong to a local car club, Prescott Antique Auto Club, and one of our members has about 50 Oldsmobiles under one roof. He has established a relationship with an associate editor, author and photographer for Hemmings due to his extensive collection and knowledge. When they need something to write about he suggests vehicles from our club which is how I was contacted. They must be getting kind of desperate as I was recently contacted by an editor regarding my 50 COE that Don mentioned. I am told they will publish an article about it in the July issue of Hemmings Classic Car. Just to prove that the COE is no trailer queen I recently posted a photo of the truck earning it's keep.
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1269977/13.html

Kent


1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix