I don't think the problem is with the aftermarket door seals. I think the root of the problem is that these trucks were slapped together at the factory with little or no care for fit and finish.

About the only vehicles I've ever seen from this era with perfect body lines are Cadillacs. Everything else left the factory as "close enough". Trucks are even worse. After all, they were used on farms and construction sites and got the crap beat out of them. Buyers weren't going to complain to the dealer if the right door had a 1/4" gap and the left door had a 1/8" gap or sat an 1/8" proud of the body.

When we restore these trucks we put them together with closer tolerances than they ever saw when new and demand perfection that the truck never exhibited and probably can't achieve.

Some trucks came off the line with everything fitting perfectly and some came off the line so/so.

Last edited by Otto Skorzeny; 05/17/2022 12:37 PM.

1950 Chevrolet 3100 (Ol' Roy)

1939 Packard Standard Eight Coupe (The Phantom) | 1956 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (The Bismarck) | 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 coupe |1966 Ford Mustang (Little Red) | 1969 Pontiac GTO (The Dishpit) I 1979 Ford F-100 | 1976 Ford F-150 (Big Red) | 1995 Ford F-150 (Newt)