Dave,
Thanks for you reply– I am converting from the original single master cylinder to a dual M/C as part of the conversion to front disc brakes, the disc brake kit is from TSM, the dual M/C is from CPP. The truck has 1/4” steel brake lines, same as original. Am facing a couple issues. First, the outlet from the proportioning valve to the rear brakes is 1/2” which is LARGER than the standard for 1/4” brake lines, why I don’t know but I presume I can find some lengths of stock brake lines with a larger fitting and then put a standard 1/4” fitting on the other end and join it with the existing rear brake line. The outlets on the proportioning valve for the front brakes are SMALLER than what is standard for 1/4” brake lines and I will have to use 3/16” brake lines to each of the front brakes ? This set up seems odd to me –- ever seen this ? Is there an issue running 1/4” lines to the rear and 3/16” to the front ? I purchased pre-formed lines from in line tube and now it looks like the lines to the front brakes will have to be custom bent and formed.
Anyone know why the proportioning valve has different size outlets for front and rear brakes neither of which are the same size as the standard 1/4” lines ?