I checked the fitment link on one of those Alcoa links. It said the following:

NOTE
Specify only hubs that are designed for aluminum hub piloted wheels. Hubs designed for steel hub-piloted wheels do not have sufficient pilot length to locate dualed aluminum wheels. Because of the pilot length, Alcoa 16x6 and 16x6.5 aluminum wheels must be dualed with an inner steel wheel. Stud lengths must also be sufficient to clamp aluminum wheels. Before mounting hub-piloted wheels, generously coat the wheel pilot or hub pads with a non-water-based lubricant, such as Freylube or equivalent, to minimize corrosion build up. DO NOT LUBRICATE THE FACE OF THE WHEEL OR THE HUB.

I don't know anything about the pilot length on these old trucks. Does anyone know the size and length of the pilot portion of the hub?

I'd love to put these wheels on one of my old trucks.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...