| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, 1 invisible),
137
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,266 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 | What are you calling damage? If it is the heat checking that is a very common condition. Get some one to mike the brake drum. It can probably be cut because it doesn't appear to have been cut before. Up until 15 years ago I used to turn the 16.5x7 drums on my fleet. But then drums got so cheap that I quit doing it. But as expensive and as hard to get I may pull my brake drum lathe out of storage again. I had much better service out of turned drums than the few Chinese drums we bought last year. They turned out to be junk. I bought 4 pallets of made in Mexico drums last week. I am going to try them. If they turn out to be junk, I will be turning drums again. | | |
| |
| |