Hello to all truck electricians,

i am almost done with my C60 and almost everything is working :-)

But I need your advice.
When I start the engine longer it keeps turning even though the key is out of the ignition. Really bad.

I have my starter and siren running through a Cole Hersee 24059 Continuous Duty SPST.
I had no data from the relays at the time of installation.

The document states:

750 A Make and 100 A Break
Int. ratings: 10 sec On 30 min Off

Now I suspect because I turned the starter too long (longer than 10 seconds), the relay stayed closed and the starter continues to turn even though the key is out. Likewise the siren.

According to the old siren wiring diagram, a Cole Hersee 24023 12V Intermittent Duty Solenoid SPST was installed. But it has almost the same data:
Int. ratings: 10 sec ON, 20 min OFF.

Where is the error, I have not yet fully understood?

I have attached a picture of my starter wiring. I read that you don't run the current flow for the starter (terminal 15) through the ignition switch, that's why the relay.

There must be a relay that can do this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings Brian
Attachments
Starter Wiring.jpg (18.89 KB, 148 downloads)


1970 Chevrolet C10 Stepside and 1966 Chevrolet C60 Firetruck (Germany)