I have finally completed the dual exhaust on my truck. The cannister oil filter doesn't fit with the fenton headers. I would like to convert to a spin on (or make a new mounting spot for my cannister) but just to get it started and hear the new exhaust and ensure my 6 to 12 volt conversion is ok...

The big question is... can I just plug the holes where the cannister filter was? Will oil still get to everywhere else. I think I know the answer to this but I want to be sure I don't do any damage and I really don't feel like taking off the valve cover and the distributer and running the pump to check and ensure the oils gets to the head.

I know these came with oil filter optional but do I have to run a line between the oil filter feed and return... or can I just plug the holes?


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53