Quote
If you have air brakes on your rig you have to have an air brakes endorsement on your driver's license..This is a Federal requirement..doesn't matter if you have a CDL or not.
This is what I was questioning. As I said, no one has ever mentioned this requirement to me.

48bigtrucks, sorry but I don't have any pics. I have had the truck and worked it since 1980. I'm the second owner and driver. The orignal owner bought it and drove it home in 1945. He died while sleeping in 1960. It set in a corner of his truck and cat shop until I found it in 1980. All I wanted it for was for hauling cats, skidders and logs. Although it has hauled firewood, small cabins, burls and anything else I want to throw at it. I've always considered it to be the best work truck ever, bar-none.

I should have it back to 'working condition' by this next summer (I will need it) and will have Cindy take some pics for ya then. I have never thought of it as a show rig, just a work rig.

Just recently, a fellow with an old fire engine with the 308 engine in it, that heard about my truck on another truck site, sent me an email about a complete gasket set for the 308 on E-bay. I got it and it an original gasket set. Whew, thought I would never find one. I also had an air can that was real bad and grumpy GL sent me two. What a great guy for sure.

This old truck will still be running when we are all long gone, that's for sure.


Oly in Oregon

Rest in Peace

1945 GMC COE Victory Truck
1953 Willys CJ3B
1955 Chevy 1st series 3/4-ton
1958 WIFE Last series

Never say "Whoa" in a mud hole