I'm sorta stuck here. I need to remove the adapter (not sure of the right name for it so feel feel to correct me) from the front brake drum that allows the use of the dually wheels on my truck. I've taken the bolts and washers off but can't seem to get it apart. From what I can see, the bolts are the only thing that hold the adapter to the brake drum. Is there something I'm missing like a retaining ring or nut; or is it just rusted into place? If it's just rusted; are there any suggestions for getting through the rust so I can get the adapter off?

Any help is appreciated, I need to turn the drums so I can get the truck to stop in an acceptable manner.

Thanks in advance.


Jim Blake
Help support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (www.lls.org) through Team in Training (www.teamintraining.org). Help put a stop to ALL cancers.

My truck: '49 3800 Stakebed/Dump